Nutrition, Health and Hygiene
At AMS we promote healthy lifestyle and healthy eating in specific. Food provided to students has an important role to play in their growth, physical and mental development and in the development of their future eating habits.
During the school day, we recommend that you provide your child with a variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, cereals, granola bars, crackers, healthy sandwiches, lean meat, fish, chicken, yoghurts and cheeses.
Children are also encouraged to drink water and milk throughout the day. Other sweet drinks such as juices are not recommended. Sweet foods such as cakes, biscuits, cookies, and chocolates should not be sent with your child on a regular basis.
At AMS, Drinks containing little or no real fruit juice, sodas (Pepsi/coke) are not allowed, Foods like potato chips. Lollipops and chewing gum are not allowed and should not be sent with the children.
The School Cafeteria
Having outlined the school policy regarding nutrition; our school cafeteria will provide various types of healthy food to students. All types of junk food will not be sold in the cafetria. Potato chips, lollipops, sodas of all types will not be sold, as well as candy or sweets that are of unknown brands.
Students are allowed to go to the cafeteria during the midday break under supervision
• Please don’t give your child more than L.E. 10 allowance.
• If your child has more than L.E. 10 allowance, the money will be confiscated in the school safe. Only you can collect the confiscated money.
At the beginning of the school year, the school doctor will conduct medical checkups for each and every admitted student. Kindly inform us with any updates of your child's medical information. Students' medical records will be kept at school for reference and actions in case of emergencies.
No staff member or children shall come to school if they exhibit signs of communicable illnesses.
If a child exhibits any of these symptoms, he or she will be sent home:
Difficult, rapid breathing severe coughing Temperature over 37 degrees Celsius
Vomiting Diarrhea consistently clear, dripping nose
Yellowish skin or eyes Ear ache Conjunctivitis
During the school day, if your child shows any signs of illness, he/she will be promptly admitted to the school clinic to be checked by the school doctor and you or your emergency contact will be notified to pick up your child immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: Your child must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school.
If your child has a chronic medical condition like Asthma or Diabetes, his/her medications should be kept at the school clinic to be administered as needed.
Your child’s safety is of utmost importance and there will always be a staff member responsible for their safety, both indoors and outdoors.
Our safety policies are as follows:
• No child will ever be left unsupervised at any time.
• Children will be sent home only with parents, or the authorized person as stated on the admission form. If there are any changes, a personal note or call from the parent will be expected.
• The school doctor and a nurse are present at the school campus on full time basis
• All the doors to the building remain locked during school hours; individuals can only enter by being allowed access from the security.
• Professional security personnel secure the school building at all times
• There are live cameras all around the school premises, in the hallways, stairs and playgrounds for additional safety and security of our children.
• The school fire system is instated all around the school premises
• We will have several fire drills, at varying times throughout the year.
• Should any accident or injury occur, we will complete an incident report. One copy will be kept on file and another given to the parent that day.
• We will require written permission from parents prior to each and every field trip.
• If your child will be absent from school due to illness or any other reason, please notify us.